It was a late night in the gym and I needed to make a quick meal. This ginger chicken took me literally 10 minutes to put together and only a few more to cook it. I served it with a mound of broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini and onions with a green curry sauce. It was phenomenal. If you have the time marinade the chicken in advance.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp wheat free tamari
- 1 tbsp fresh ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp sambal oelek (more if you like it hot)
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- sesame seeds (brown or black), cilantro and chopped green onion for garnish
- In a small bowl add diced chicken, tamari, ginger, garlic, sambal oelek and stir to combine.
- Sift the coconut flour into the chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- In a medium skillet heat the coconut oil and add in the chicken. Cook over medium heat until all sides of the chicken are browned, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken and garnish with sesame seeds, green onion and cilantro.
This makes enough for two or three servings depending on your protein intake.