Here is another simple recipe that my kids love. Aidan never really gets tired of broccoli and Ava has her days. Sometimes she prefers cauliflower and sometimes broccoli but she devoured this dish.
I started with thinly sliced sirloin steak and marinated it quickly before frying. If you have more time you can do this in advance and let it marinade longer. I steamed the broccoli in the same pan before frying the meat. This is a super fast and healthy meal that takes the same amount of time as making a box of macaroni and cheese so make this instead. The kids had this in their lunch the next day.
Beef and Broccoli
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small pieces, blanched for a minute
- 1 or 2 sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tbsp wheat free tamari
- 2 tbsp braggs liquid aminos
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- In a small bowl add garlic, tamari, braggs, pepper and sliced steak. Mix to combine and add in the arrowroot powder and let marinade quickly while the broccoli is steaming.
- Blanch broccoli for one minute in boiling water or steam very briefly and set aside.
- In a saute pan add the coconut oil and marinated beef and over medium heat. Let the meat cook until browned. Add the beef stock and cook until thickened.
- Add in the broccoli and let cook for a minute or two longer.